Meet the scientists!
Five schools across Germany between 1981 and 1994. Latest one: Archenhold-Oberschule, Berlin.
2001-2007: Korea Basic Science Institute in Daejeon, Republic of Korea; Fraunhofer Institute for Biomedical Engineering in St. Ingbert, Germany; Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences in Leipzig, Germany.
Since 2007: University of Jena.
Postdoc in brain morphometry.
Set up a Beryllium treasure hunt open for students from all zones. Good luck!
Favourite Thing: The dialogues with nature or its symbolic representations. Seeing it in action, considering our place in it, and the storm of endorphines you get when you understand why things worked out the way they did.
Me and my work
What I'd do with the money
How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Who is your favourite singer or band?
I prefer music which does not require electricity to be performed. A good example is the throat-singing of the group AltaiKai.
What is the most fun thing you've done?
One of the most exciting moments was performing traditional Central Asian music with my band in the heart of Central Asia – on the Registan Square in Samarqand, Usbekistan. You can get an idea about that from this trailer, with video graphics imitating the style of Uzbek TV.
If you had 3 wishes for yourself what would they be? - be honest!
(1) A life that is balanced between work, family, hobbies, health and environmental footprint, (2) a long-term research grant with no strings attached, (3) more occasions to actually use foreign languages.
What did you want to be after you left school?
A researcher in biophysics or a physician in a developing country.
Were you ever in trouble at school?
A number of teachers and class mates certainly thought so on occasion.
What's the best thing you've done as a scientist?
Tell us a joke.
- some kids eat alot of food and get fat. some kids eat loads and dont gain weight, why is this??
- whats the most exciting thing about what you do??
- why is CSI on the T.V
- is the world going to end in 2012? P.S please answer me this is scary :/
- is it hard being a scientist?
- well were almost half way through the competition and two scientists have been evicted! i just wanna ask how are you
- what is your favourite thing in life? :) xxx
- so if you one the prize money would you want just the money or to be happy that you were voted and you would feel pride
- how do bombs work?
- What is a bunsen burner
- View all my answered questions