And the winner is…

The students have spoken. The votes have been counted and the moment has finally arrived for us to announce this year’s winner of I’m a Scientist, Get me out of Here! After two weeks of hot debate, stimulating chat and mind-boggling facts, the students have decided the winner in this zone is…

Ian Sillett

Congratulations Ian! The students have voted you their favourite scientist and most worthy of the £500 prize to communicate your science work.

Hard luck to Derek and thank you to all the other scientists who took part, you were all brilliant and each and every single one of you has contributed to the great success of this year’s event.

Please join us next year for the next I’m a Scientist, Get me out of Here!

What did you think of I’m a Scientist? Let us know and it really helps us make it better for next year!

Use this link for our short survey:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/307117/i-m-a-scientist-june-2010-tell-us-what-you-think-

Posted on June 25, 2010 by ModShane in News. 4 Comments.

4 Responses to And the winner is…

1. Moderator - Annabel says:

Well done Ian! You’ve won over students across the nation with your ready participation in chat and your answered questions.

Derek, you said your main reason for doing IAS was to engage with young people and encourage them that science isn’t boring and difficult, but can be exciting, fun and something that makes the world a better place to live in. I think we can certainly say you’ve achieved that goal, and I think you won the hearts of many students with generous descriptions of both your research and your schoolday antics!

2. danielmietchen says:

Congratulations, Ian, and a deep bow to you, Derek!

I am really looking forward to have more interactions in the future to tell the world (and kids in particular) about the excitements provided by science, while not forgetting the world around it.

3. staciedanicain says:

well donee 😉 xx

4. chloewoods says:

well done lan l voted for you because you are my favourite scientist l hope the £500 well help you in your work l hope you win next year
    goodbye

Comments are closed.